Lunes - Sábado: 7:00 am - 07.00 pm Domingo: Cerrado

Who Is Eligible for Legal Aid Victoria

If you are entitled to legal assistance, we will send you and the lawyer a letter to help you resolve your legal problem. The letter will tell you: VLA`s Family Dispute Resolution (FSIR) service helps people resolve their family law disputes. Following an assessment, the SRRF may organize a dispute resolution conference to assist disputes where a party has granted legal aid. The FDRS is free of charge. However, you may have to pay your legal fees if you don`t get a lawyer. Our legal information is available to all Victorians. Unfortunately, other legal services and advice are limited to those who need it most. We follow the guidelines to make our legal aid as fair as possible. Visit the “Find Legal Answers” section of the Victoria Legal Aid website for free information on many common legal issues.

There may be a limit to the amount of money available to pay for your legal problem – this is called a “cost cap”. Your lawyer is paid directly by us and may not ask you to pay for services provided as part of your legal assistance. If you receive an invoice from your lawyer, let us know immediately. In some cases, such as domestic violence, forced evictions, or service of court documents, you may need immediate legal help. A person can use the service without a lawyer, but VLA strongly encourages anyone to seek legal advice. VLA can help a person find a lawyer. People who cannot afford a lawyer can ask for a lawyer to cover lawyer`s fees. In some limited cases, a mandatory lawyer is available. There are certain issues and areas of law on which VLA does not provide legal advice. These include: If you have a legal problem and can`t afford to pay for a lawyer, we may be able to hire a lawyer to help you. This is called “providing legal assistance.” Legal aid is usually provided for criminal or family cases, but can also be provided in other cases, such as guardianship, violations, immigration, social security, mental health, and discrimination cases. To be eligible for TRLA`s free legal services, an applicant must meet income, asset, and immigration requirements set forth by the U.S.

Congress, Texas Legislature, and other funding sources. TRLA will always try to find a source of funding that allows for representation for people who cannot afford to pay for a private lawyer. Victoria Legal Aid lawyers and private lawyers who provide legal aid can help you complete and submit an application form free of charge. They can also help you get information to support your application. Contact legal assistance to find out who can help you. If you are in a separation or divorce that involves a family dispute, you may be able to use our family dispute resolution service instead of going to court. You can only participate if you or the other parent in the litigation are allowed to hire a lawyer to conduct your case. Victoria Legal Aid cannot provide legal advice on commercial or commercial matters, defamation, intellectual property, wage disputes, industrial accidents, wills (deceased estates) or the purchase and sale of real estate. If you do not agree with a decision to provide legal assistance, our resources are limited and the demand for legal services is high. We have policies that set out our rules when we provide legal assistance.

You can only get legal advice if your legal problem and financial situation comply with our guidelines. This means that our money helps the people who need us most. Since VLA`s resources are limited and the demand for legal services is high, there are rules on who can get legal assistance. Call VLA (tel: 1300 792 387) to find out if you are eligible for legal aid. To be eligible for legal counsel, your legal issue must be included in our policies. Most legal issues must comply with the appropriate adequacy test of the Guidelines (the so-called substantive test). Our policies include different reasoning checks for different legal issues. Depending on your legal issue, the justification test requires us to consider some of the following: The resources test also checks whether you are supporting someone else or if they are supporting you.

These individuals are referred to as “financially connected individuals” and their income and assets are included when VLA determines whether you qualify for a grant. You can find a private lawyer near you through the Law Institute of Victoria`s Legal Referral Serviceexternal link. All law firms included in the legal referral service offer a free 30-minute interview. You can use this interview to learn more about the legal issue and discuss the options available and their cost.

Nuestro equipo de atención al cliente está aquí para responder a sus preguntas.
Trump greets supporters while undergoing steroid, experimental drug treatment | Taiwan News | 2020/10/05 alpha muscle builder anabolic reload review - increase energy levels!!